

After 9 long months, our little boy has finally arrived! Talon Kein (pronounced Keen) Spencer was born October 17th, 2008 at 6:30pm on the dot. He weighed 6lbs 4oz, was 19 1/4 inches long and had all ten fingers and toes.
Though he wasn't due until October 22nd, he decided to make his entrance into the world a little early. I had just seen my doctor on the 16th where we discussed the possibility of needing to induce me since I showed no signs that he was ready to be born any time soon... he obviously had plans of his own! At 1:30am on the 17th my water broke and Matt, Mom and I were off to the hospital. After 17 hours of labor and with Talon still not "dropping" the doctor convinced me that a cesarean was necessary, and so he was born.
I know many of you will wonder "where in the world did they get that name?" Well... long ago when Matt and I were just dating we were out driving around Fox Island in Washington and came across a subdivision called "Talon's Ridge". There were the most beautiful views from this area and we both made a comment about what a cool name Talon would be for a boy. 10+ years later we were finally able to name our son. Kein is a combination of the names of Matt's two Grandpa's names: Keith and Ken... Kein.
Life has certainly changed for us, but we wouldn't have it any other way!!
Though he wasn't due until October 22nd, he decided to make his entrance into the world a little early. I had just seen my doctor on the 16th where we discussed the possibility of needing to induce me since I showed no signs that he was ready to be born any time soon... he obviously had plans of his own! At 1:30am on the 17th my water broke and Matt, Mom and I were off to the hospital. After 17 hours of labor and with Talon still not "dropping" the doctor convinced me that a cesarean was necessary, and so he was born.
I know many of you will wonder "where in the world did they get that name?" Well... long ago when Matt and I were just dating we were out driving around Fox Island in Washington and came across a subdivision called "Talon's Ridge". There were the most beautiful views from this area and we both made a comment about what a cool name Talon would be for a boy. 10+ years later we were finally able to name our son. Kein is a combination of the names of Matt's two Grandpa's names: Keith and Ken... Kein.
Life has certainly changed for us, but we wouldn't have it any other way!!
2 comments:
So adorable already! Congrats to everyone and hope to see him in person soon :)
Niki
He is sooo cute! Congratulations!
Post a Comment